Teeth play a vital role in both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the smile. A sparkling and radiant smile plays a significant role in self-confidence. A healthy smile with proper teeth gives most individuals the courage to confront many people. The loss of teeth can significantly influence a person's general self-confidence and self-esteem. But it is not unusual for people to lose teeth. People lose teeth for various reasons, the most common being injuries, accidents, and diseases.
Dental implant treatment is one of the most advanced procedures for tooth replacement and finding a permanent alternative to missing teeth. Let's look at the different types of dental implants in India.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are sophisticated dentistry devices used to replace missing or lost teeth. The dental implant is initially introduced into the root of the tooth. The doctor then puts an artificial crown on top of a dental implant.
Why do people choose Dental Implants?
Tooth loss can result in a variety of issues. Some of them are:
- Food getting trapped in the empty cavity: when a tooth is lost, the cavity in the jaw remains empty. It leads to a regular occurrence of food getting stuck in the empty cavity, resulting in tooth infection.
- Inability to communicate clearly: The alignment and shape of the teeth are crucial for speaking correctly and efficiently pronouncing different words. Any tooth loss can lead to poor pronunciation and difficulties while speaking.
- Chewing difficulty: proper bite and set of teeth help in properly chewing food. When teeth are missing, a person faces several challenges in chewing correctly.
With advancements in dentistry, all the modern dental implants available in the market resemble the natural tooth and appear natural.
What are the major components of dental implants?
Dental implants consist of three main components, which are combined to provide a sturdy and long-lasting solution.
- The implant itself: A dental implant is a device that replaces the root of a tooth by being implanted into the jawbone. This dental implant serves as a tooth root replacement. Titanium is the most common material for dental implants since it has few side effects.
- Abutment: The link that connects the dental implant to the prosthetic crown on top is the abutment. It is usually affixed to the dental implant.
- The crown: The artificial crown is a cap placed on the abutment and dental implant. It is built of various natural materials, giving it a natural likeness to real teeth.
What are the different types of dental implants In India?
There are several different types of dental implants available in India. As people have different requirements, mouth structures, jaw density variations, and oral health, the same type of implants cannot be utilised for everyone.
Dental implants are classified into two major categories based on the site of implantation in the mouth:
- Endosteal dental implants: Endosteal dental implants are one of the most common types of dental implants in India. These implants are made up of Titanium and are generally integrated into the patient's jaw. These are some of the strongest and sturdiest dental implants available. As the implant is inserted directly into the jaw bone, it gets integrated properly with the bone making it sturdy. These implants are generally prescribed for patients with good bone density for proper integration of bone and implant. Once these implants are positioned, they provide a very long-lasting solution.
- Subperiosteal implants: As the name suggests, these implants are placed or inserted underneath the gum and not directly into the jaw bone. Subperiosteal implants are mainly prescribed for patients who lack sufficient bone density for endosteal implants. Once these implants are correctly inserted, they are as efficient as the endosteal implants.
Based on different sizes of different dental implants, these are divided into a few different categories. Different implants of variable sizes offer a more natural appearance and better fitting into the mouth.
- Narrow-body implants: As the name suggests, these implants are utilised when the space between the existing teeth is extremely small. A thin body implant provides a more secure and comfortable fit in such circumstances. A full-sized implant will not fit.
- Standard platform dental implants: These implants are typically used to replace teeth that have been lost from the front. These implants are designed to fit the front teeth and appear more natural.
- Wide platform implants: Wide platform implants are larger than the standard platform and narrow-body implants. As a result, these dental implants are an excellent solution for replacing teeth lost from the back of the mouth.
Based on insertion of implants, these are divided into:
- Single-stage dental implants: These implants are generally inserted in a single day along with the insertion of the artificial tooth on the same day. The implant and the artificial crown are given a few days to settle and integrate with the jawbone.
- Two-staged dental implants: A majority of dental implants are placed into different dental appointments. The first appointment generally involves the insertion of the implant and then giving it a few days to properly settle down in the jawbone. The crown is then attached to the implant in the second sitting.
- Immediate load dental implants: Immediate load dental implants provide quick and immediate results. The dentist first places the implants in this procedure and then install a temporary crown on top. It permits the implant to recover properly. When the implant has been integrated for a few days, the temporary crown is replaced with a permanent crown.
- All 4 dental implants: These are utilised for people who have lost most of their teeth. All four dental implants help replace the teeth in both the upper and lower jaw together.
The different types of implants based on the materials they are made of:
Different materials are used for constructing a variety of different dental implants. Most of the time, strong materials like Titanium are used to make dental implants. The titanium implants are coated with various compounds, increasing their strength and allowing for better integration. Titanium is entirely compatible with the surrounding old issues and processes with no risk of infection or side effects.
- Grit blasted
- Acid-etched rough surface.
- Plasma-sprayed surface
- Zirconia (a transition metal)
- Hydroxyapatite coating
What is the Cost of Different Dental Implants?
Choosing a proper dental implant for your condition and oral structure is crucial. As dental implants are a long-term solution, you should not compromise the quality. As there is a wide range of implants available in the market, the cost of different dental implants varies accordingly.
There are a lot of factors that influence the final part of a dental implant procedure:
- The type of implants chosen: Different types of implants have different cost factors associated with them. The cost varies based on the type of implant, the coating, and the implant's size.
- The surgical procedure: the insertion procedure for some implants is more complex and requires more sessions which can also affect the final cost.
- Brand: many companies manufacture dental implants, which results in variation in the cost of different dental implants in India.
- The dentist's expertise and overall experience: choosing the right dentist for the dental implant procedure is crucial. A dentist with expertise and extensive experience will provide a complication-free treatment.
- The clinic and location: the location of the clinic also plays a crucial role in deciding the final cost. The cost of the procedure would be very different in clinics present in cities and towns.
- Various tests before the procedure: the dentists suggest multiple X-rays before the dental implant surgery, impacting the final cost.
Samadhan Clinic offers The best dental implant insertion and surgery in Delhi. We utilise only the most top rated and quality dental implants at the clinic, that provide long-lasting and trustworthy results. The experienced team at Samadhan dental has treated countless patients and helped them get their dream smile. With Samadhan tenders advanced infrastructure and equipment you are bound to get excellent results. We guarantee that you will love your new set of teeth and smile.
Contact Samadhan Clinic to get solutions for all your dental concerns.